Each student’s knowledge and skill level is evaluated and only those able to demonstrate an acceptable level of operational competence receive certification for successful course completion.
Theory topics covered include:
- Applicable regulations
- Variations of equipment types
- Main parts
- Understanding equipment safety
- Fuel and batteries
Practical equipment training includes:
- Pre-use inspection
- Safe operation procedures
- Parking/shutdown procedures
- Practice under supervision of the instructor
The written test is based on concepts covered in the operator’s reference book. Ten multiple choice/essay-type questions are graded and 70% is required to pass.