This course will interest those engaged in the fields of surveying and engineering, resource management, forestry and mining.
BCIT's UAS Applications for Geomatics will be delivered over six consecutive days at KVI. This course was developed to teach the safe and practical use of drones for aerial surveying. Participants will design a mapping project and employ UAVs to acquire aerial images along pre-calculated flight lines. Deliverables feature high resolution digital terrain models, orthophoto mosaics and NDVI analysis.
Course topics include:
- Basic aircraft principles
- Understanding the capabilities and limitations of UAS
- Exploring the range of applications and future of UAS in Geomatics
- Gain insight into Transport Canada's specific operational requirements
- Learning photogrammetric and remove sensing concepts and performing essential camera calibrations
- Carrying out safe image acquisition with a pre-planned, semi-autonomous flight using UAV
- Processing images to produce a digital terrain model and orthophoto mosaic
View poster details on our Facebook page!