Each student’s knowledge and skill level is evaluated and only those able to demonstrate an acceptable level of operational competence receive certification for successful course completion.
Theory topics covered include:
· Applicable regulations
· Variations of equipment types
· Main parts
· Understanding equipment safety
· Fuel and batteries
Practical equipment training includes:
· Pre-use inspection
· Safe operation procedures
· Parking/shutdown procedures
· Practice under supervision of the instructor
The written test is based on concepts covered in the operator’s reference book. Ten multiple choice/essay-type questions are graded and 70% is required to pass.